Friday, March 12, 2010

Auto Tetris

We took our first trip to the dog park since Kayden was born. It was a beautiful day and I wanted Bailey and I both to get some exercise.

As I mentioned in the previous post, my car is just a bit too small for us to go anywhere as a family. In order for us to hit the dog park, I had to figure out how to fit Kayden, Bailey, the stroller and myself into the car.

I was driving... Kayden was gonna be in her seat... but where to put Bailey and the stroller????

I tried putting the stroller in my trunk... it just wouldn't go... I tried many approaches from many angles but it just wouldn't fit. I then tried the front seat thinking maybe if I got it in just right it would fit... no-go... so the only place left was the backseat... so there it went...

Now, as sweet as Bailey is, I don't think she would have taken to kindly to being put in the trunk so the only other option was to put her in the front passenger seat... you know, the one that is pushed all the way forward to accommodate Kayden's car seat... the one no one fits in...

Poor Bailey had no idea what was happening. She couldn't lay down (without knocking the car into neutral) or turn around to put her head out the window... her head was up over the dash and almost into the windshield... if we had wrecked, she would have either flown out of the car or been crushed by the airbag...

But we made it... there and back... and in one piece....

No comments: