Monday, December 15, 2008

Oops

My MIL and FIL were sitting at their table chatting. During the conversation, my FIL got a pill out for Geronimo and laid it on the table to wait for the dog to walk by.

My MIL looked away for a minute. When she looked back, my FIL tossed a pill into his mouth and took a drink. She figured he had grabbed an aspirin and didn't think anything of it.

About 30 seconds later:

FIL: Did I just take that pill?
MIL: You took something...

They called the vet to see if there would be any problems or if they needed to visit a doctor. They were told that the meds were the same used on humans.

Vet: Keep an eye on him. If he starts barking, call me back.

So they laughed about it but my MIL still kept an eye on him just in case.

A few hours later, they were driving up the road. My MIL asked if he was feeling ok. In true FIL fashion, he turned to her and barked...

No comments: