Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Quirks

One of the best things about having Bailey around is the funny things she does daily to make me laugh.

She loves squeaky toys. Unfortunately, she destroys them within 30 seconds of play so she doesn't get them very often. The funny part: she carries the toy around in her mouth, making it squeak. Then she whines in response. It's like she is having a conversation with the squeaker, or maybe singing along with it... Whichever, it's the only reward we can use to get her to "speak" on command.

She is also very observant. She knows what her world looks like and when something is different. It takes her a bit to adjust to any changes. Early this fall, I found her looking out the window near her kennel. Her hackles were raised and she was growling and barking like there was an intruder in the house. I looked out the window to try to figure out what it was. I saw nothing. I figured it was a squirrel or something that was long gone. So I let her out. She ran full speed to the center of the yard and barked and circled a spot on the ground like it was the most offensive thing she had ever seen. So I went to investigate. Here is what I found:


A mushroom, people... seriously... apparently it popped up over night...

This yesterday morning, she did it again... hackles and all. I couldn't figure out what she was so upset about. I let her out and she flipped out, barking and growling... I bought a new brand of trash bags and there was an unfamiliar color sitting at our curb... a black trash bag, people!

I guess that's a guard dog for ya.


I wonder why she wasn't phased by the Christmas Tree....?

No comments: