Thursday, June 18, 2009

Contractions

So I've been having contractions...

I was at work one day and I felt a twinge that I thought was round ligament pain. I sat down at the nurses station hoping it would go away... then the twinge moved around a bit then encircled my entire waist... I asked one of the nurses if she thought it might be a contraction... she said yeah and to drink more water to see if that helped... that was at 21 weeks and I ended up having 3 contractions in 36 hours.

I increased my water intake and things were fine. Then at 23 weeks, it happened again. I had 2 in 12 hours.

Over the last couple weeks, I have had many off and on but nothing that is so consistant that I can keep track. I have learned in my Bradley classes that these contractions are good... it's like a work out for my uterus. As long as there is no spotting, cramping, or pain, I am fine and it's just my body getting ready to push this puppy out :-)

The thing that surprises me is that they are not painful... not even uncomfortable. It's just a tightening of muscles like if I was doing light ab work or something... but it is similar to a charlie horse because it just happens and I can't control it... but there is no pain.

I am learning more about my body every day... its facinating how you can live with something for 30+ years and still be surprised and the things it can do...

********************

25 weeks today... technically viable... but let's cook a little longer, shall we?

No comments: