Saturday, August 1, 2009

Just When I Thought I Was Really Losing My Mind...

One afternoon as I was heading home, I saw a giant globe on the side of the highway...

Now I know pregnancy does things to your memory, dexterity, and balance, but I hadn't heard anything about hallucinations... so I continued on my way and tried to forget about it...

Then, a few mornings later, I saw it again further up the highway... so I took a quick pic with my phone so I would have evidence of my vision:


I could not imagine what it was or why it had traveled so much further down the highway...

As I was headed home that same afternoon, I saw it again, and again, it had traveled a ways down the highway, but this time there was a man standing next to it so I turned around so I could get the story:


Turns out, the guy, along with his dog, is walking half way across the US to raise awareness for diabetes and he is rolling the world with him. He lost his mom to complications due to the disease when he was pretty young but his uncle has been living with it for 40 years. In honor of his uncle's upcoming birthday, he is going to climb Pike's Peak, rolling the world the whole way...

I chatted with him for a bit and gave him all the cash I had (like $4 or something pitiful) then I headed on my way...

The next morning, I actually saw him walking and rolling his world right along in front of him... What an inspiration!!!!

Please check him out at www.worldguy.org (notice the pic I took shows the actual size of the globe, where the pic on his site does not do it justice...)

No comments: