Sunday, April 6, 2014

18 Months Missing

My mother pointed out that there really wasn't an introduction of my husband... so for those readers who don't actually know me personally (not sure why you're here, but welcome!), here is a synopsis of the last 18 months:

I completed my first half marathon in October 2012... my goal was 3 hours... I did it in 3:15... I'm not disappointed with that...

I got engaged to Mike in December 2012... On my Nani's birthday, December 19th, to be exact... he was sweet and nervous and romantic...

We got married on January 26th, 2013... it was a small wedding with only family and VERY close friends... 

We honeymooned on a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise... it was a great time but it was the longest I had ever been away from Kayden, so I was ready to come home...

We bought a house in June 2013... it was a very stressful, yet exciting endeavor...
(HA! But seriously, I can't find a pic of our actual house right now, so the doll house is what ya get...)
In August, I finally got hired on at an ENT practice I had been secretly stalking for several years... It's close to home and my fellow employees are great!

Fall 2013 was blissfully uneventful... except for Kayden being introduced to roller skating, with which she is now obsessed... Oh, and she started taking Tae Kwon Do...

We had a great Christmas... New Year's Eve was spent apart for the 2nd year in a row due to Mike's job.... Kayden & I had our own mini celebration at the house...

We celebrated our 1st anniversary with a weekend in St. Louis...

We learned we were expecting "The Bean" the week before our anniversary... we waited to share the news until we had a confirmed heartbeat... I'm older so the risks are higher... Kayden is super excited to be a big sister...

The late winter/early spring of 2014 has been fairly quiet... Kayden got her first pair of new skates and is so excited she could burst...

And that brings us up to today... Happy, Mom? ;-)

**********
15 weeks today...

No comments: