Thursday, April 3, 2014

Where's The Bean?

So, if you don't already know, Kayden is going to be a big sister. When we told her, she was sweet and inquizative... She asked how I knew there was a baby in my tummy... Then, when it was coming out...

We've been calling the baby "The Bean" for lack of something better... We don't plan to find out what the gender is, so, until a better nickname catches our fancy, "The Bean" it is.... 

In an attempt to make her more independent prior to "The Bean's" arrival, I've been encouraging Kayden do things I know she knows how to do with little or no help: dress herself, put on her shoes and socks, comb her hair, brush her teeth, etc. She would rather have Mommy help her do most of it but she's going to have to learn to do it all sooner or later... May as well be sooner... 

The other day, I was sitting on the couch. I had asked her to get her shoes on so we could leave the house... She plopped down on the floor in front of me asking me to put her shoes on for her... I made the excuse that "The Bean" was in my way & I couldn't bend over to reach her... It worked, shoes were applied, we exited the house on time to get where ever we needed to be....

Tonight, she was sitting at the table eating her dinner while I was straightening up the kitchen.... I bent over from a standing position to pick up something off the floor... Out of the blue, Kayden, clearly hesitant, yet concerned, asks, "Did The Bean come out or something?" 

Huh?!?!

"I thought you couldn't bend to reach the floor..."

I can't get anything past this kid....



No comments: