Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Five Minute Excerpt #4

We get home after a long day at work & the sitter's... As I unload the baby seat from the car, he starts to cry... I get him inside & run back out to get the toddler... 

The 30 seconds it took to get back inside with the toddler was just too much for him & he is now in full fledged meltdown... I scoop him out of his car seat...

I run to let the dog out of her kennel & outside... I noticed this on the back patio & on the ground next to the patio:
I look up & see this:
(I'm not surprised since we had storms last night & I thought I heard glass break but I didn't see it this morning so I thought it might have been a dream...)

I put baby in his swing (out of toddler's reach) and he begins to cry again... then I run outside to pick up the glass so the dog/kids don't get hurt.... Toddler cries to come out... He's heartbroken because I won't let him until after the glass is cleaned up...

As I'm washing my hands after disposing of the glass, I see one of the barstools move away from the counter... The toddler starts to cry... I come around the counter & find this:
(Yes, that's blood.... I begin to wonder if he tried to eat the barstool & missed & bit his lip instead...)

I pick him up & wipe his face & mouth which has stopped bleeding as quickly as it had started.... The baby is still crying in the background...

I run to grab the baby & I find this:
Oh, holy hell!!! I forgot to strap him in!!!

I scoop him up & go to the couch to nurse... The toddler is still crying from his run-in with the barstool & crawls up to nurse as well....

Then something like this happens:
At 6:15pm... Which means that if I don't wake them up, they'll wake on their own right about the time I'm ready for bed... 

And I need to pee...

I roll the toddler off & he begins to cry again... I put the baby on his play mat & he wakes up & smiles... (At least HE's happy....)

Hubs is out of town for work for God only knows how long... Lord help me!

No comments: