Monday, June 16, 2008

Busy Busy Busy

So much has been going on:

First, I received an offer from NC which matched my current pay. They also informed me that the position was "non-exempt" which, from their explanation, means that although it is a salaried position, I will eligible for overtime if I go above 40 hours per week.

The only problem now is that the ladies who work under me were supposed to be interviewed for the screener positions with the NC. However, when my future supervisors called to set up the interviews, my ladies were told to only interview if they were interested in a weekend or "as needed" position as the weekday position had already been filled. But when I asked them, my future supervisors told me no one had been offered the job. So someone is lying to me and I really don't think it's my ladies.



Second, Bailey is growing like a weed... she was 63.1 lbs on the 1st, 63.2 on the 8th, and 64.4 on the 15th. I have a feeling she will be 68 next week.


This past week, I volunteered at the vacation bible school (VBS) at the church I've been attending. It was a lot of fun but since I worked every day then spent every evening from 6 to 9 at the church, I was wiped out by the end of the week. I tried to leave work early each day but something always came up... I had to go to an interview, meet with a banker about the loan we just took out for our new boat, go to another interview, take Bailey to the dog park (because holy psycho dog when we don't get enough exercise, and with me being gone most of the week she was lucky I didn't forget to feed her!) etc. etc...

Over the weekend, I did 59 hearing screenings in 4 hours at a local health fair, spent a couple hours on our new boat, called my dad to wish him a happy Father's Day, went to a bachelorette party, went to church, took Bailey to her obedience class, and went to dinner with my in-laws.

I need a vacation... but alas, this weekend I have a "thank You" dinner for the VBS volunteers on Friday, a wedding AND a work function this Saturday and Bailey's last "intermediate" class on Sunday... I don't think I have a break until July 4th. And I have to judge our community dock decorating contest that morning and I am having people over that afternoon and evening...

I really need to learn to say "NO"

1 comment:

Jenny said...

oh, she is so cute. She will be huge, however.
And the saying NO? Yeah, welcome to my world. :)