Saturday, February 14, 2009

Announcement

Bailey is proud to inform you that she is going to be a big sister. She couldn't be more excited.

My husband, on the other hand, is silently freaking out:

Husband: You're pregnant?

Me: Yup!

H: Is it mine?

Me (laughing hysterically): Yes

H: What's child support run these days? $500 a month?

Me (still laughing): More like a grand.

An hour passes...

H: You're getting your tubes tied after this, right?

Me: Nope!

Two days later...

H: When do your boobs get bigger?

A few days after that...

H: When do we find out what it is?

Me: When it pops out.

A week later, we are watching tv and he sees someone getting stuck with a needle.

H: AAHH! Turn it!!! Quick!!!

Me: What are you gonna do in the delivery room?

H (shocked): I won't be in there!!!

Me: You won't even try? You won't even go to the birthing classes with me?

H (serious): I will try, but you'd better have a back up just in case.

Me: So you won't be there to hold my hand?

H: Who's gonna hold my hand?

Me: Me!!!!

I have been living on babycenter.com since I found out and they send out a weekly e-mail to tell you what's happening each week. I forward the e-mails to him and have been since I found out but he has not mentioned them. Then the other day:

Me: (at the stove making my dinner)

H: What are you making?

Me: Thai Peanut Noodles with tofu.

H: Are you getting enough protein? It's brain building week, you know...

Me: (open mouthed shock)

H: (turns and walks out of the room)

And that is the extent of our conversation thus far...

1 comment:

Jason and Jennifer said...

Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you guys!!! Keep your blog updated...I check it all the time!