Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Like the Dead

I have been taking a lot of naps lately.

One Saturday, shortly after waking from a nice long nap, my husband came home after what I thought had been a day long errand run. When he asked if I had a nice nap, I was a bit confused... apparently he had come home earlier and I didn't even know it so he went out again to run more errands.

The day after, I didn't get to take one because I attended a friend's baby shower. I came home from that and went straight to yoga. So I didn't get home til after 6. I made some dinner and watched a little tv. My husband had a hockey game so I crawled into bed at 7:15 with the intent of flipping channels til Desperate Housewives came on at 8. I don't think I made it to 7:45.

Monday afternoon, my neighbor asked me what time I went to bed the night before. I told her 7:30 or so because I hadn't got a nap. She laughed...

I guess they had a pretty substantial fire Sunday evening. There were 3 engines and a chief's car, an ambulance (which was parked in our driveway), and half the neighborhood lining the street. And I slept right through it all...

I guess I was tired from making and arm or something...

2 comments:

Jenny said...

ah yes...they early pregnancy naps. I loved them dearly. Le sigh.

KRR said...

Welcome to the first trimester of pregnancy! I couldn't keep my eyes open until into the 2nd trimester. Enjoy your sleeping while you can. For the last several months I have been unable to sleep more than a few hours at a time. I guess my body is preparing me for our little bundle of joy that will keep me up and busy at all times of the day and night.