Monday, July 18, 2016

Death By Sleep Deprivation

With the exception of 15 minutes in the car, no one napped yesterday... Consequently, everyone was asleep by 8:15... But with all the caffeine I consumed trying to make it through the day, it was a little after 10 before I was able to fall asleep...

The baby woke about midnight, which was a decent stretch for him... But for some reason, he didn't settle back down until almost 1am...

Just as he finally fell asleep, the toddler woke up... I learned he just might know how to climb out of his crib... I changed him, nursed him, read to him, rocked him... TWO HOURS LATER, he's still awake & the baby wakes up...

I turn on his TV & tell him it's brother's turn with mommy... I go to the baby...I hear the toddler fussing & watch him closely on the monitor to make sure he doesn't climb out of his crib... He complains for about 10 minutes then lays down & goes to sleep...

The commotion wakes Kayden who wants to chat... She rambles on about God only knows what... The baby is distracted by this & is difficult to feed & get back to sleep...

Finally everyone seems to be settled in & I glance at the clock... 4:15...

The baby wakes again at 6:30 because Kayden woke crying from a bad dream... She settles down quickly but insists she must tell me about the dream RIGHT THAT MINUTE because it's "falling out of [her] head..."

Just as the baby starts to settle again, the toddler starts to cry... It's 7:00...

Someone might just die today...

No comments: