Thursday, May 1, 2008

Cabin Fever

Things Bailey has eaten in the past 30 days:

3 pairs of Victoria's Secret underwear
$45 in cash
1 state ID card
1 credit card
1 TV remote
4 tennis balls
1 "tuff" toy
1 dog bed pillow
1 dog bed pillow case
1 set of directions for Amish Friendship Bread

When I say "eaten" I don't necessarily mean ingested. I just mean that they were broken, destroyed, and/or shredded beyond recognition.

In spite of my cycling her toys, I can only guess that she is just bored and needs some quality time at the dog park, which, due to rainy weather and recovery from her surgery, we have not been to since the 2nd week of April.

Don't get me wrong, we have played outside with her ball and Frisbee almost daily. But it just isn't enough for a growing, large-breed puppy.

Coupled with the fact that it's difficult to supervise her when we are asleep, we are just asking for trouble. And with her being in the kennel all day while we are at work, it's hard to put her in there at night.

We have an appointment with the vet tomorrow afternoon. I plan to beg to be released for some dog-park play.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Ahem. Welcome to my world. :) Max's new shock collar should arrive by Fedex today. Stay tuned.
You okay after the tornados?