Monday, April 28, 2008

When It Rains It Pours

So the hospital has decided to contract out my job. The company is going to take over all three hospitals I am currently responsible for. This new company is in need of someone to do the job I am currently doing. So on 4/24, I interviewed for my job. How sick and twisted is that? Now I have to wait to see if they will hire me or go with someone completely new. I should know by 5/15 what they decide to do.

Meanwhile, I am trying to keep myself busy. I am not domestic in any way, but I planned to make browines for a neighborhood gathering on 4/25. But when I pulled them out of the oven, they were still batter... my oven no longer works. So I run to the frig to see what else I could throw together to take to the gathering. When I opened the frig, it was warm inside... so was the freezer. So 2 of my major appliances just decided to die on me on the same day. And no, there was not a power surge or anything... it's just my luck.

So I went pricing on the 26th... HOLY STICKER SHOCK, BATMAN!!!! Here I was thinking I was gonna have to spend around $1500 to $2000 to replace both and it turns out that's about what the frig/freezer is by itself...

So on the 27th I went to purchase a dorm sized frig to put under our bar (which we had already planned to do anyway) so I could at least keep milk in the house until we purchased the new frig. While I was trying to exit the parking lot, another patron backed into me while pulling out of their parking spot... The dent popped out on it's own but the paint is totally cracked and chipping all along the bumper now.

I am tired. I need a vacation away from work and social obligations. I need a day at a spa or on a beach... but I can't afford any of those because I might lose my job and I need a new frig/freezer and stove.

If this is a test from God, I sure hope I pass.

********************

Bailey was 51.5 lbs on 4/27.

No comments: