Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pay Back's A Bitch

A few years ago, I discussed my future children with a good friend of mine... I told her flat out that my husband and I wanted boys... we had no desire to have a girl...

My friend has 2 girls so of course she was mildly offended and said girls were great.

Me: Your girls are great... but can you imagine another me running around?

Friend: You're right... you need boys...

I am not an easy person to live with. I am picky, moody, and quirky. I like things how I like them and I do not easily compromise...

I was also a difficult child... I was high maintenance despite being a tom-boy. And some of the tom-boy has stayed with me... I am not at all a fan of pastels and I most certainly do NOT do pink.

My husband is stubborn and hot tempered...

A girl with a combination of these characteristics was sure to be a handful...

Now, my husband was (and still is) a ladies' man... he was a bit of a playboy in high school and the years following... his friends were real surprised when they found out he was getting married... I heard on many occasions "so you're the one who got him to settle down" and "I can't believe you got him to settle down" and other such things... funny since he was the one who pushed to get married when we did...

And our proof that God has a sense of humor: It's a girl...

2 comments:

Jason and Jennifer said...

PICTURES!!!!!

KRH said...

They are coming... I have a newborn, remember :-)