Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Happy Easter!



Bailey was 38.5 lbs on Sunday the 16th.

One of the folks in our puppy class told me that their vet said doubling what a dog weighs at 16 weeks is a good indication of what they will be fully grown. So we are looking at between 70 and 80 lbs if this holds true. I can handle that. I was worried we might be looking at a 90-pounder so I am breathing a little easier.

So Bailey can now sit, lay down, and stay on command fairly consistently. She comes pretty well, too, but if she is headed in one direction and coming to me is in the other direction, the way she is heading over-rules. Unfortunately, this can sometimes be the street. So once she stops and returns back too me, how am I supposed to punish her or let her know how bad that was? All I can do is reward her for coming but I still feel she needs to know the street is dangerous.

We did have an issue over the weekend when she decided she wouldn't sit for me. She would for my husband and everyone in the puppy class but not for me. If I physically pushed her into a sit, she would lay down and/or stay depending on the command... she just would not sit... I guess she is just a typical adolescent and was testing her boundaries.... since Monday, she is sitting on command for me again...

No comments: