Sunday, January 17, 2010

Funny Man

Many things my husband did and said throughout the whole pregnancy made me laugh...

When I told him I was expecting he jokingly asked if it was his... then asked what child support ran these days...

The look of shock when I told him I expected him to be there when I delivered and he wanted to know who was gonna hold his hand...

When he asked how she knew what to do the first time I nursed her....

Just the other day he told me he hoped she grew up to be ugly... that his life would me so much easier if she wasn't good looking...

But the best was after I had her... the whole time I was pregnant, he jokingly kept saying the baby wasn't his... when everyone came back in after our first hour alone as a family, they asked him what he thought of her...

"It's official... no way she's mine... I couldn't make something that pretty..."

Later that evening, they were watching football together and he talked to her about the game like she was one of his friends....

During a commercial: "She's just perfect... now what do we have to do about her head?" (I explained it would round out on its own.)

And now anytime there is anything out of the ordinary going on with her, he looks at me with the most pathetic look and says, "What's wrong with her? What do we do to fix it? You'd better take her to the doctor!" So funny for a tough guy like him to be so spastic :-)

********************

She is 4 months old today :-)

No comments: