Monday, April 14, 2008

Never Fear...Super Girl Is Here!!!

Friday afternoon when I got home from work, my husband opened the front door to let Bailey out to greet me in the driveway. I, being the rocket scientist that I am, thought it would be fun to run up the driveway and get her to chase me (I know you aren't supposed to teach them to chase you but it had been so cold and rainy lately that she hasn't had a whole lot of time to really run outside). So I turn and take off running full speed up the driveway. I was watching where I was running, not where Bailey was running so I didn't see her when she abruptly changed directions and ran right in front of my feet... I flew through the air and landed head first in the grass. As I mentioned before, it had been pretty rainy lately so luckily the ground was pretty soft. I wish I could have seen it... I bet if I had been wearing a cape I would have looked just like Superman. I rolled onto my back and laughed (because what else can you do when you fall like that) and Bailey came running back and licked my face and tried to get me to wrestle with her... I finally got up, and with the exception of a headache and some grass stains on my knees, I was unscathed... although, the sore muscles came later that night and stayed for the rest of the weekend...

********************

Bailey weighed 48.4 lbs at the vet on Friday April 11th. She can now jump onto the bed (thank God because she was too heavy to lift anymore) and her collar will need to be replaced soon... We already replaced her harness last week. She's getting spayed on the 17th... my little girl is growing up...

No comments: