Saturday, May 23, 2009

They Travel In Packs

Last weekend, my husband and I attended a surprise 30th birthday party for one of his friends. The friend ended up being very surprised despite the fact that it was not planned out all that well. He was clued in when his mom showed up at their house to watch the kids... his wife just told him they were going out. So when he got to the bar and 15 of his friends were there, he was pretty surprised.

I only knew the birthday boy and his wife. There were 2 other couples there who had attended our New Years party with them but I didn't know them well. Regardless we all had a good time... all 5 of us girls who were pregnant. :-)

There are 3 girls who I work with who are also expecting... all 4 of us happened to be at one of the baby showers (held in a bar and grill for some strange reason) so we got a nice picture of us together... except the one who the shower was for was wearing black and the rest of our bellies kinda covered hers... We got a funny look from a table full of guys as we all filed out one after the other. :-)

When my mom was expecting me, a cousin and another couple were also expecting. The 3 couples all went out to dinner one night. And like women do, they all went to the ladies room together. As they were coming out, 2 college-aged girls were waiting to go in. My mom said they looked at each other and as she was walking away she heard one of them say, "I don't know if I want to go in there..." :-)

********************

My husband and I have been married 6 years today... I wonder if he will remember...

No comments: