Monday, April 27, 2009

When It Pays To Be Hormonal

So I had a really hormonal day last week. The lady at work did another ultrasound to see if we could tell what we were having. We had a perfect "moon" shot but we still couldn't tell what it was... nothing that looked like a hamburger or a turtle.

Now, I originally did not want to find out what it was but my husband did. I didn't feel strongly enough about it to fight that battle so I caved. We were going to try to let him know and not tell me until the shower or not at all. It would have worked as long as his friends didn't start sending us pink or blue stuff...

Then at my very first, way too early to tell ultrasound, the lady says before I can stop her, "I think I see some boy bits." So much for that idea....

After that, I really wanted to know. So the past couple weeks we've been trying to find out. Last week was really frustrating because we could see exactly where SOMETHING should be... but the machine is not the greatest as it is only really used for finding the position and not much more. The lady told me that she still couldn't tell but that girls tend to be sneakier than boys.

After the u/s, I had to head to the dentist (that's a whole other story in an of itself.) For some reason on the drive, I burst into tears... I don't want to know anymore.... I mean I really don't want to know... I want to find out when it pops out and not a day sooner.

So I get to the dentist and compose myself for the apt. They put me in the chair and I waited for the Dr to come in... when she did, she asked how things were going. And I burst into tears. She laughed and said some funny things to calm me down and we went about the apt.

You see, I have some major dental stuff coming up next January and the first 2 parts of the process are not covered by my insurance. Out of pocket, they were going to cost me $500... up front. Guess who worked it out so I wouldn't have to pay a dime...

I love my dentist :-)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

seem to remember something about not going to the dentist while you are pregnant, or at least not having major work done. I can't remembery why - maybe an old wives tale. So you could at least put it off until after Babycakes comes out. :)