Sunday, November 9, 2008

Anniversary

We lost our little Gizmo one year ago today. I can't believe its been that long. After we lost her, she used to visit me in my dreams a lot. It's been a long time but she showed up there again last night.

It was a huge two-story dog park, kinda like a mall with 2 levels where the 2nd story overlooks the first but with real trees and real grass. I was up on the second story looking down onto the first when I saw her running determined down the length of the park. I rushed along the 2nd story and down the stairs at the end of the floor. When I got to the bottom, she ran across my path and I scooped her up and hugged her. My husband walked up to us but he didn't believe it was her. I showed him her collar and bell and he said, "It is her!"

We loved on her for a bit but she did not seem to be anywhere near as interested in us as we were with her. It was like she couldn't wait to be let back down so she could be on her way.

So we said our good-byes and let her go. She ran off like she'd never been interrupted.

Now I am not saying I know anything about dreams or the afterlife of pets, but I can't help but think that the dream was her way of telling me that she is happy where she is now. That she has moved on and so should we.

I still miss her and I am sure my husband does too. But the pain has faded. She still holds a very special place in our hearts. She will never be forgotten.

No comments: