Saturday, November 15, 2008

Financial Peace

If you have not heard of Dave Ramsey, you must be living under a rock. He is a syndicated radio guy who talks about money management and budgeting. Check out daveramsey.com for more info.

There is a class he offers called Financial Peace University. You can take it through any small community group. When I heard it was being offered at my church, I signed up.

I am about halfway through it and I think it's great. The lessons are funny and informative and I learn something new every week. I really liked the lessons about insurance and investments.

His site offers personalized budgets that help you see where your money goes and a program that calculates your debt-free date. Most folks find this empowering... my date was set sometime in 2023 due to my enormous amounts of student loans so it wasn't so empowering for me...

But overall I really like it... it gives me hope...

To quote the man himself, I am hoping it teaches me to "live like no one else so I can LIVE like no one else."

No comments: